Water for Life Kampong Speu 2 Needs your Help: Become A Fundraiser!
The Water Crisis. 785 million people around the world lack access to basic drinking water service. With a total population of 16.4 million, at least 12.6 million live in Cambodia’s rural areas, and have limited or poor access to clean water. In 2017, over 9.2 million have access to an improved water supply, but only 1 million rural households had piped water supply. While over half of these 1 million rural households have access to improved sanitation, the other half still practice open defecation. Give Water Now
Sao Sary Foundation’s Major Accomplishments in Response to the water, hygiene and sanitation crisis from 2006 – 2019;
- 2,700 biosand filters were distributed,
- 43 new hand pump wells were built,
- Four broken hand pump wells were upgraded,
- 200 pit latrines were assisted to build,
- 54 first aid kits were distributed to village leaders and local authorities after learning First Aid Course from us,
- 6,651 hygiene kits were distributed to 6,651 schoolchildren who learnt with us how to wash their hands effectively through Singaporean handwash standard,
- 497 femine hygiene kits were distributed to 497 female teenagers who studied femine hygiene practice from Singaporean Nurses,
- A communal Hall and two health centers were built and refurbished
The SSF signature program aimed to provide 88,500 villagers in Cambodia with convenient access to clean drinking water through the installation of bio-sand filters (BSFs), borehole wells and latrines. The multi-sectorial program increased the capacity of communities to adopt improved health and hygiene practices through basic hygiene training, feminine hygiene training and first aid training. Improved healthcare services and facilities are also facilitated through the construction of a community hall and refurbishment of two health centres.
Next Ten Years Program (2019 – 2029)
1) Build a water treatment plant for distribution of piped water networks for 15,000 poor families in 54 villages of three communes of Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia. Total population to impact directly on this project is 72,000 household members. Each family will be able to access tap water solutions at the doorsteps and they enjoy clean safe drinking water for 25 years with a renewable.
With a total population of 16.4 million, In 2017, only 1 million Cambodian rural households had piped water supply. Our project is to participate with the Govt of Cambodia, other nonprofit organizations, and private water operators to have piped water for all Cambodians by 2035.
With financial support from Ngee Ann City through Singapore International Foundation several years ago, Sao Sary Foundation could build a commune hall and refurbish two health centers. To respond to the greatest needs on the ground therefore, we still need to fundraise for building 40 more units each of; communal hall and health center
- Reduce the incidence of water and sanitation related diseases through the provision of enhanced water supply and sanitation facilities;
- Increase the capacity of participating communities to adopt improved health and hygiene practices; and
- Strengthen participating communities ’capacity and capability to plan, implement and manage, operate and maintain health and environmental improvements through enhanced water and sanitation facilities
Sign Up as a Fundraiser Now
You Can Help. In a few easy steps, you can create your own personal fundraising campaign to make a big impact. Create a Campaign Now
Inspire Others. Your voice is important. Inspire your family and friends by inviting them on this journey to give to the communal hall and health center.
Think big! Sign up as an individual or a team. Set a fundraising goal. Pick a profile photo. Write your campaign headline to tell others what your campaign is all about. Pro Tip: Set a challenging, yet achievable goal: get creative!
Inspire others! Share your story and invite others on this journey. On our platform, you can easily share your campaign on social media or send emails to your family and friends. Together, we can all make a difference! Pro Tip: Take advantage of personalizing your campaign with a custom URL and detailed story.
Give Water and Premises! Start the campaign off right by making your first donation and then watch YOUR community of world changers unite for the thirsty. Pro Tip: Remember to thank your supporters and share updates on your journey along the way!
Need some inspiration? Click on https://ssf.give.asia/browse!
Make a Donation:
Join Hands and Be a Hero Now, https://ssf.give.asia
How to contact Sao Sary Foundation;
WhatSapp: +855 12 471 106
Telegram: +855 11 415 451
You can follow Sao Sary Foundation on the followings;
Facebook Page (EN): https://web.facebook.com/saosaryfoundation
Facebook Page (KH): https://web.facebook.com/ssfinkhmer